2011 Friday Jerk Off Champion

It has been more than a month since I started the Friday Jerk Off. The challenge was simple. Send the hottest beef jerky that you make, and I will decide which jerky is the best combination of fire and flavor. We got three competitors right away, and that was it.

I even made a final plea for more competitors, and two weeks later, nothing.

That’s fine, your loss jerky people.

If you’ve been following the jerk off, then you probably know who won, and you also know what the winner gets, but I still have to make it official.

The overall winner of the bragging rights, AND that cool medal that will stay in our sidebar for the rest of the year is…

Ed’s Roadhouse Inferno Ghost Pepper Beef Jerky!

Congratulations to Ed, and his phenomenal extra hot beef jerky! Starting tomorrow, the medal you see above will be in the sidebar, and will link to Ed’s review for THE REST OF THE YEAR!

Thanks again to House of Jerky and Blair’s for their entries as well. Be on the lookout for David’s new review tomorrow. He’s reviewing some Tasty Texas chili to get ready for Noah’s Kitchen Chili Cookoff in Houston this weekend. See you tomorrow!

7 Responses to 2011 Friday Jerk Off Champion

1. Ed Herman says:

Thanks James and to all the guys from EatMoreHeat! for finding Ed’s RoadHousE Jerky the most extreme in heat and flavor!
    People, Hold on to your Chilies Ed’s RoadHousE Jerky is working on a HOTTER 1 YET!

Regards,

Ed & Crew
    @ Ed’s RoadHousE Jerky “Nobody Beats My Meat”

2. Andrew Noland says:

I had the worst craving for some hot ghost pepper jerky about a week ago and based on watching the video and seeing this award on the website I decided to give Ed’s Jerky a try.

I’m going to say that I didn’t find it that hot. I’m not trying to be a braggard as I find many things very hot (Like Blair’s Death Sauces, DAMN) but for me it seems the heat isn’t really there. Even if I tried eating several pieces at a time there was no real build up of heat sadly. What I will say though is it is *THE* most flavorful beef jerky I have ever had in my life. The sweetness is such a nice and refreshing surprise. I’ve looked on other websites and have seen other good mentions of this jerky but sadly I just am not experiencing the heat others are. Maybe I received a “bad” batch or even the wrong product? It IS labeled with the “Inferno Hott Dam Jerky” but I’ve seen products mislabeled before.

I’ll admit I didn’t put in a comment to Ed yet. I’ll be finishing off the bag as it is very delicious tasting so I don’t think I’ll be testing out his money back guarantee.

For me the hottest jerky I’ve had is from a place I saw driving around in Sevierville called the Beef Jerky Outlet. They make a little something called “Fire on the Mountain” that absolutely lit me up. It’s not as sweet and flavorful but it has this nice hot traditional taste to it. Next year I’ll have to write an email and suggest they get entered into this.

Here’s a link to their jerky: http://www.tennesseejerky.com/product_info.php?products_id=261

3. Ed Herman says:

Andrew,

Thank you for the comments and your order! We haven’t had anybody say that this wasn’t hot enough ? I will be sending you an email direct. We always stand by our products and want a Happy and Satisfied Customer ! You want “HOT” I’ll give you “HOT” lol… We are working on a even HOTTER Jerky then our Inferno and will unleash it when we are moved in to our new and bigger Florida location.

Regards,

Ed Herman

Ed’s RoadHouse Jerky
    “Nobody Beats My Meat”

4. Andrew Noland says:

It’s been about a month and I’ve sadly not heard from Ed. I did leave a comment on the website and I have even checked my spam mail to be sure an email didn’t wind up there.

5. Ed Herman says:

Hey Andrew, It’s Ed from Ed’s RoadHousE Jerky, I sent you out an email on the 9Th of June at…… 1:35 PM. Just after I read your comment. I don’t know why you didn’t receive my email? I had said in my email that we would send you out a new package of our Hottest Jerky as soon as we are in our new location. So once we are in and settled we will send you out a package of some HOT STUFF!! :D

6. Ed Herman says:

Hey Andrew, Took some time yesterday and whipped you out a special expedited batch that is sure to to take your breath away!:D “Note” As we have indicated on our website it’s faster to call us then to email with the amount of emails we receive it very hard to get back to everyone right away. We are just a phone call away! Enjoy :)

Ed @ Ed’s RoadHousE Jerky
    “Nobody Beats my Meat”

7. Andrew Noland says:

I’m terribly sorry I should have called then. I do use GMail and searched my spam box for anything relating to Ed Herman or Roadhouse but it didn’t come up with anything. But yes the day after I posted that I had the email about the shipping info and today I have the package. Here’s my story.

I opened it and pulled out a package of Ghost Pepper jerky with “special” written on it and eyed it warily. I could see the peppers and spices coating the jerky while remembering having said that it wasn’t hot enough. I wondered what Ed had done to it to show me the meaning of “heat” as I cut it open. I had a little sniff and the sweet spicy delicious aroma filled my nose, just like the last bag. I hunted around for a small piece, about an inch square, and decided that would be my sample.

The MOMENT it touched my tongue it was as if I had put a hot coal in my mouth. The heat only grew as I began to chew, a small cough escaped my lips, potent stuff I thought. I can’t say what I tasted as far as flavor goes because I believe my tongue was in complete shock at the time and the heat lasted a good few minutes. Some observers might say I had a little something to drink to ease the heat, but I won’t admit to anything…..

I came to Ed seeking hot and I certainly got it this time around. His new stuff is certainly the hottest I’ve ever had and I’m certain it will make a lot of people verrrry happy or leave them laying on the floor. I don’t know what you’re going to call it but I can’t wait to see it up for sale.

On another note I think I found what’ll cure this stomach bug that I happened to catch.

Thank you again to Ed. I do appreciate your time and service. Strange about the email but I think there’s no misunderstandings, just another snafu in a crazy internet world. Best of luck on the move.